Friday, January 31, 2014

Addiction at it's finest!

So I work very hard every week to look at the HEB adds, plan my shopping list around them, while also trying to budget my shopping trip.  (New Year's Resolution). 


I make list after list. 

I make sure that everything we eat is healthy, gluten free, and I completely stay away from the center aisles in the grocery store.  (Except for lentil chips-we love hummus and get tired of always eating it with raw veggies).

I read 100 Days of Real Food religiously, and I try to follow it as best as I can. 

I read articles about food- how it is so bad for you, and I work to cook meals that are the healthiest as possible.  If I know that we are going to have a busy week, I make sure to get some My Fit Foods at HEB to avoid driving through a drive-thru for a rushed meal. 

Needless to say, when I pass this- I cannot resist. 


I crave the whole nine yards.

I crave the chicken strips, the french fries, the bread, the sauce, and the root-beer.  I crave every last calorie. 




I can't resist and I find myself sneaking to Cane's so my husband does not notice.  For 1) I do not want to share.
2) We are trying to budget for the new year, so I do not want him to think that if I get Cane's he can go do something else- no thanks.
3)  I have learned that if I go to Cane's on Tuesday night before or after my class in the Woodland's, I can sneak it in the trash that my husband has already put on the curb for the trash-man to come on Wednesday morning.  I throw it in there, it gets hauled away, and nobody notices! :)

I think I am going to need to implement a self-management program to reduce my Cane's eating, but then again I am not too sure that I want to decrease it... Hmmm... 


No comments:

Post a Comment