Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas The Wiesner Way

Even though we were not actually spending Christmas day at our house, we still pulled out the Christmas decorations and got in the spirit the whole month of December.

So, since this is our 1st Christmas together, we did not have a Christmas tree.  I found my dream Christmas tree, but I needed $400 and a ceiling that was 2 feet taller!  After much negotiating with Joe, I ended up giving in and buying a $39 pre-lit tree from Wal-Mart.  A few Hobby Lobby trips later, and I think I got it pretty decked out for only spending $55 total! :)


The nativity scene is a very special present that we received from Joe's grandparents, GranGran and Papa.  When her kids (Joe's mom & uncle) graduated from high school, she began doing ceramics.  She made four sets of this amazing nativity scene, and she gave us one at our wedding.  What a special gift.  I am hoping next year we will have a better table to appropriately display it on. 



We ordered our amazing, customized stockings for us and our pups at this adorable little ETSY shop.  Owning an ETSY shop myself, I always try to support other shops and this shop is adorable! I love the dog bones for the puppies! :)

The sign below is a gorgeous light up sign that we also received as a wedding present from the sweet Russell's.  What a great wedding present- we are able to use it every year for Christmas and always think of their adorable family.




I loved the time spent with Joseph and both of our families this year for Christmas.  It makes me feel blessed and thank God every day for the perfect, beautiful life that he has given me.  

Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment