Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy Birthday to ME

"Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Taylor
Happy Birthday to you"

So, this is what I woke up to this morning.  Singing in my ear early in the morning will only make me happy on my birthday, and only when pancakes and fruit are waiting for me and when presents were all wrapped for me to open.  It is like a one time pass.  The rest of the year, it is NEVER acceptable to sing in my ear at 6:00 am when I do not have to go to work.  Just clarifying. 

I woke up, ate the yummy breakfast, and then dived straight for the presents.  DISCLAIMER:  We have started a tradition to keep our Christmas tree up for the 12 days of Christmas, and since the end of Christmas is during my birthday week, it did not come down before my birthday.
Hence, my husband thought it would be appropriate to put all my birthday presents under the Christmas tree. 

I know I have probably mentioned a few times, and warning that I will mention it many more times- I have the greatest husband ever.  He listens to me when I am yapping about random things that I would like to have, and then he surprises me with things that I completely forget about, but I REALLLYYY want.

For example, I found the pajama dresses below in July... In Alaska... Did I think he was listening to me when I was wanting these then?  No.  All I heard was that we had no room in our luggage to take anything back with us, so I definitely did not think he was paying attention to what I was asking for, but he totally was.  And can I say that these are the most comfortable pajama dresses ever!

I also got a meat thermometer I have been wanting, a cool wine bottle opener, new tennis shoes, Root-beer, tic tacs, and some beautiful roses.  I am one blessed girl.  



So after the wonderful morning wake up, I got up, got ready, and waited patiently for my sister to arrive.  We headed downtown for some shopping, lunch, and much needed sister time.  Judy, AKA my birthday twin, also got to run over and meet us for a bit, so I was glad to see her even if it was for a short time.



After shopping, we came back to Cypress and went to eat at Shogun with Joseph.  It is one of my favorite places.  Love it.

So, have I mentioned that besides having the best husband, I also have the world's best SISTER?  For the sake of keeping up with these sweet picture collages that get posted on FB since I have a feeling that my FB will be deleted soon, I will share on here... 
"Here's to the one person who has been by my side through it all; to blow out my birthday candles, to share my first cake with, and to beat kids up in McDonald's with. Here's to being asked if you're 17 on a daily basis, to holding Jordyn and I under water for extended amounts of time, and to always having the better Barbie house. Thanks for always being the responsible one, the organized one, and my very best friend. So happy I get to celebrate your 24th birthday with you. I hope it's the best. Love you sista "


I am very blessed, and I am excited to see what 2014 and being 24 will bring this year.  Cheers to adventures, health, and life- The Wiesner Way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment