Saturday, January 4, 2014

Cruisin' Christmas

So, not sure if I have mentioned, but Joseph and I are practically professional cruisers.  In 1.5 years, we have been on FOUR cruises!  One when we got engaged, one for our honeymoon, one to Alaska with my family, and now one with Joseph's family to Mexico.  However, I will not complain, and in fact as soon as we got off the boat I saw specials for a future cruise, and I was ready to book again already! :)

We all loaded up on the cruise boat with these adorable matching t-shirts that my sweet mother-in-law got us! :)  Thanks Dawn!



We left out of NOLA on December 28, and went on the Carnival Elation cruise line to Cozumel and Progresso Mexico.  

Just like every cruise, there is some stuff we REALLY love, and there is some stuff that we could do without.

I LOVE cruises because...
1.  I love how it gives us the opportunity to see multiple places in a short amount of time. 
2.  I do not like having to unpack my bag, so this way I only have to unpack my bag 1x and I still get to go to a lot of cool places.
3.  The entertainment is great, and the comedians are hilarious.
4. The food is wonderful- melting chocolate cake.... YuMmMyY
5.  The staff is amazing, and they go way above and beyond to make you feel like royalty- I could definitely get used to it. 
6.   I love the towel animals.


Some things that are a little bothersome on cruises...
1.  Communication sucks.  You can't use cell phones.  You can't use apps to communicate because it requires internet.  And the note and plan system just doesn't work.  If I am in the spa and comfortable, I dread when the clock hits noon and I should be meeting my husband to eat lunch.  I want to be able to shoot him a quick text saying let's go later, but I can't.  If anybody has a solution for this problem let me know! :)  PS.  No walkie talkies.  They are annoying to all of the other guests, and I refuse to be that person.
2.  The buffet is a pretty yucky option for dinner.  The Aggie game was coming on one night, so we did what any maroon bleeding Aggie would do, and we skipped dinner to eat the buffet so we could make it to the game on time.  I do not advise this.  Go to dinner. Every night.  Skipping = yucky food.


Overall, cruises are amazing, and we will definitely do them again in the future.  



Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment