Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cozumel 101

Cozumel 101
So, Joseph and I had been to Cozumel on our honeymoon, but we didn't do any of the tours.  We spent the day strolling the ships, shopping for Mexican blankets and knick-knacks, and eating at off-the-beaten-path restaurants.  It was a great day, but we knew that we wanted to do something else when we went back to Cozumel with his family.  So when his brother Ben found a tequila tasting tour, I was a little hesitant, but we were up for the adventure!

We got off the boat and opted for the 10 minute walk instead of getting a taxi.  DON'T DO IT!  Get a taxi.  The one complaint that I have about this tour is that the walk is very long, and you should just get a taxi.  I can't even sugarcoat it and say that there is pretty views along the walk, because there is not.  Save your limited time in Cozumel and get a taxi.  End of rant now. 

We took a tour through Discover Mexico, and saw some pretty cool art.

Brother-in-law Ben.








Loved this- made completely from sand. 

Once we finished up the art tour, we headed for the tequila tasting, and let's just say I was pleasantly surprised.  When I sat down and saw this... 



And this....



 I was looking for the nearest exit.  Flashbacks from college and Northgate were coming back to me, and I was not about to take 3 shots of tequila.  No thank you.  However, when we sat down Chucho gave us a complete history and "class" per say on tequila.  We learned how to smell it different ways and to sip on it, and it was very much like tasting wine.  Although I do not plan on leisurely sipping tequila anytime soon, it was educational, fun, and something out-of-the-box, so it was right up our alley!!
Our amazing guide- Chucho
The tequilas that we tasted. 
At the end of the day, I had a wonderful day with my husband and in-laws, 



We got yummy margaritas, 




& we got delicious homemade tacos and sides.





 After lunch, we watched a crazy show with these guys climbing the pole below and then spinning themselves out.  I know that is not a good way of explaining it, but I don't know of a better way.  Just see pictures below! :)






After Discover Mexico, we headed over to Chankanaab National Park, and let's just say that the next time we go to Cozumel, this will be our stop for the entire day.  It was amazing, and I regret not taking more pictures of the beautiful beach.  They have a beach, dolphin swimming, snorkeling, water sports, water trampoline, and tons of restaurants on the water.  





Adios Amigos! 







No comments:

Post a Comment