Saturday, February 8, 2014

Friends Don't Let Friends Get Hair Extensions

Alright, so if any of you are like me, you have either considered getting hair extensions, or you have actually made the plunge and spent hundreds of dollars to make your hair a few inches longer.
Well, I am the latter.

I gave into the ads.  The talk about how long and beautiful my hair would be.  I gave into the "you're hair will be thicker, the curls will be better".  I gave into it all. 

So, I have had hair extensions twice in my life.

Once, for my wedding.  
Which I am sure you are looking at the picture saying it doesn't look like I have extensions.  Well, you are right.  The extensions made my hair about 3 inches longer, but it was supposed to make my curls look better and last longer.  I will say that for my wedding, it was fine... 

However, right after Christmas, I was talked into getting hair extensions again.  It was about to be Joe & I's One-Year Anniversary and we were going on a cruise with his family, so I thought what the heck.  I have some Christmas money that I can blow invest in some hair extensions, and it will give me a self-confidence boost.  Perfect.  "I do.  I will take the extensions". 

Big mistake.  When they tell you all about these wonderful hair extensions, they leave out many details. 
1.  They leave out that you're hair will be tangled ALL THE TIME- it's miserable.  Enough said.
2.  They leave out the fact that you just might be sitting in a meeting and you go to move your hair and a large chunk falls out.
3.  They also leave out how impossible it is to get out of your hair.

So, you ask how you get these gorgeous locks out of your hair? You get lots of hand sanitizer, a comb, a LARGE trashcan, a few hours of patience, and then get to work.  You put hand sanitizer on each and every extension.  Rub it in, and then attempt to pull it out.  Then you have to take a comb to get all of the glue out of your hair.  And then you repeat for all 60-70 extensions that are probably in your hair.  




It's a mess. 



I decided to keep track of the nightmare this time, so if I ever have the crazy urge to get extensions again,  you all can remind me of this.  

Friends don't let friends get hair extensions. 

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment